Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Telemarketing - boon or bane

I am sure many of the Cell phone users may have been bugged by Tele-marketing executives. They call and offer personal loans - on what basis? Just because you own a cellphone! They call you at odd hours - when you are probably resting or when you are in a meeting.

When calls come on my landline numbers you are given a sweet talk and offered home loans, insurance and many other loans. One particular Bank's tele-marketing executives rang me up at least ten times on a single day. Won't you find this irritating?

How do they get our cell phone numbers? Who provides the information to them? Who can we sue to obtain peace of mind or will our minds be blown in pieces? I think our privacy is being intruded upon and the Service Providers are responsible for giving vital information of their customers.

So please join me in putting a full stop to this menace.

PS: My daughter once answered one of these calls and said "Oh sure. I want a loan, say about two lakhs, but I have no salary - so is it ok if I do not repay?" - for some time we were not troubled by these calls. But it is now on the increase once again.

No comments: